After an afternoon of wandering around Elster Creek and Elsternwick Lake with the local birding gang , I went home and was reviewing the images of the day when an sms came in from Gio (a local naturalist) that he had found a Southern Boobook Owl at the local school above their veggie patch. Postponing dinner, gearing up and heading out in a rush I found Gio, and soon after the Boobook high up in the Red Gum. I have seen a few owls and Tawny Frogmouths locally lately and will hopefully see many more. It is a good sign of a healthy environment.
- Follow The Gap Year and Beyond on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Yellow-tailed black-cockatoos on the road-side
- Beware the Drop Bear!
- A family of one legged Stilts…
- And the last one…
- The Little Duck-Hawk
- Bassian Thrush winter project?
- Testing the flush zone at the treatment plant.
- The Brown Falcon of 29 Mile Road
- Red-kneed Dotterel with red knees
- A bold Crake
- A Little Grassbird enters stage left.
- Starting Winter at Southern Greens Bush
- Old Faithful…
- I knew they had to be there somewhere…
- Greeted by a Golden-headed Cisticola
aussiebirder on Yellow-tailed black-cockatoos… Malt Padaderson on Yellow-tailed black-cockatoos… aussiebirder on Yellow-tailed black-cockatoos… Malt Padaderson on Beware the Drop Bear! aussiebirder on Beware the Drop Bear!
TagsACDC Lane Australia Australian Birds Australian Pelican Bassian Thrush Bird Photography Black and white Black faced Cuckoo Shrike Black Swan Braeside Park Brown Falcon Brown Thornbill Crimson Rosella Duckboard Place Eastern Yellow Robin Elster Creek Elsternwick Lake Elwood Elwood Beach graffiti Greens Bush Grey Kangaroo Hosier Lane Jawbone Flora and Fauna Reserve Little Pied Cormorant Little Wattlebird Mallacoota Melbourne CBD Melbourne Laneways Moorooduc Quarry Moorooduc Quarry Flora and Fauna Reserve Mornington Peninsula Mornington Peninsula National Park Nature Photography New Holland Honeyeater Photography Pooh Farm Rainbow Lorikeet Rutledge Lane Spotted Pardalote Street Art Street Photography Sulphur Crested Cockatoo Superb Fairy Wren Tawny Frogmouth Urban Photography Victoria Welcome Swallow Werribee Western Treatment Plant