I reckon the roo was stunned by my stalking prowess. Usually they are quite shy and will bound off as soon as they spot me trudging along the track with all my gear. I do try to walk quietly in case I find a Bassian Thrush or another ground bird on the path. More likely than being impressed, I think this tall male was quite confident that he could take me so he just waited for me to stop walking and then just ambled across the path and away into the forest.
- Follow The Gap Year and Beyond on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- A family of one legged Stilts…
- And the last one…
- The Little Duck-Hawk
- Bassian Thrush winter project?
- Testing the flush zone at the treatment plant.
- The Brown Falcon of 29 Mile Road
- Red-kneed Dotterel with red knees
- A bold Crake
- A Little Grassbird enters stage left.
- Starting Winter at Southern Greens Bush
- Old Faithful…
- I knew they had to be there somewhere…
- Greeted by a Golden-headed Cisticola
- Spotted Crake with Didge music.
- A hopeful encounter
Hiren Khambhayta on A family of one legged St… Malt Padaderson on A family of one legged St… Malt Padaderson on A family of one legged St… aussiebirder on A family of one legged St… srbottch on A family of one legged St…
TagsACDC Lane Australia Australian Birds Australian Pelican Bassian Thrush Bird Photography Black and white Black faced Cuckoo Shrike Black Swan Braeside Park Brown Falcon Brown Thornbill Crimson Rosella Duckboard Place Eastern Yellow Robin Elster Creek Elsternwick Lake Elwood Elwood Beach graffiti Greens Bush Grey Kangaroo Hosier Lane Jawbone Flora and Fauna Reserve Little Pied Cormorant Little Wattlebird Mallacoota Melbourne CBD Melbourne Laneways Moorooduc Quarry Moorooduc Quarry Flora and Fauna Reserve Mornington Peninsula Mornington Peninsula National Park Nature Photography New Holland Honeyeater Photography Pooh Farm Rainbow Lorikeet Rutledge Lane Spotted Pardalote Street Art Street Photography Sulphur Crested Cockatoo Superb Fairy Wren Tawny Frogmouth Urban Photography Victoria Welcome Swallow Werribee Western Treatment Plant