One of the regular birds I see along the tracks of Greens Bush is the White-browed Scrubwren. I see them often but dont often photograph them due to their constant movement and the shady and dark areas they lurk. When I find them I try to phish and psst to attract their attention. The one below was with a bunch of juveniles that were hunting in the mottled shadows and I managed to actually get a clear shot. I liked its intensity as it grabbed a spec of food and gave it to one of the juveniles.
- Follow The Gap Year and Beyond on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Yellow-tailed black-cockatoos on the road-side
- Beware the Drop Bear!
- A family of one legged Stilts…
- And the last one…
- The Little Duck-Hawk
- Bassian Thrush winter project?
- Testing the flush zone at the treatment plant.
- The Brown Falcon of 29 Mile Road
- Red-kneed Dotterel with red knees
- A bold Crake
- A Little Grassbird enters stage left.
- Starting Winter at Southern Greens Bush
- Old Faithful…
- I knew they had to be there somewhere…
- Greeted by a Golden-headed Cisticola
aussiebirder on Yellow-tailed black-cockatoos… Malt Padaderson on Yellow-tailed black-cockatoos… aussiebirder on Yellow-tailed black-cockatoos… Malt Padaderson on Beware the Drop Bear! aussiebirder on Beware the Drop Bear!
TagsACDC Lane Australia Australian Birds Australian Pelican Bassian Thrush Bird Photography Black and white Black faced Cuckoo Shrike Black Swan Braeside Park Brown Falcon Brown Thornbill Crimson Rosella Duckboard Place Eastern Yellow Robin Elster Creek Elsternwick Lake Elwood Elwood Beach graffiti Greens Bush Grey Kangaroo Hosier Lane Jawbone Flora and Fauna Reserve Little Pied Cormorant Little Wattlebird Mallacoota Melbourne CBD Melbourne Laneways Moorooduc Quarry Moorooduc Quarry Flora and Fauna Reserve Mornington Peninsula Mornington Peninsula National Park Nature Photography New Holland Honeyeater Photography Pooh Farm Rainbow Lorikeet Rutledge Lane Spotted Pardalote Street Art Street Photography Sulphur Crested Cockatoo Superb Fairy Wren Tawny Frogmouth Urban Photography Victoria Welcome Swallow Werribee Western Treatment Plant