Over summer I camped in the Grampians (Northern Eastern Victoria – 4 hrs from Melbourne) for a week and explored the local area. On a particularly hot day (44 degrees), I drove up to the northern section of the Grampians and climbed up to a small cave shelter and photographed the aboriginal cave art. The cave is known as the Gulgurn Manja Shelter (Hands of young people). A very hot walk and climb but well worth the effort.
- Follow The Gap Year and Beyond on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- A wattlebird’s moveable feast…
- Spring at Greens’ Bush
- Return to Stockyard Point
- Twitching at Stockyard Point
- Melbourne Street Art – Best of May 2017.
- Melbourne Street Art – Best of April 2017.
- Black Olives for Crimson Rosellas
- Winter is moving on…
- Blue-billed, Pink-eared, Black-fronted, Wet-birder
- Green’s Bush winter walk
- Melbourne Street Art – Best of March 2017.
- Flame Robin of Carrum Carrum Swamp
- Tracking the Jawbone Thornbills
- Not so shy skulker
- Singing at Cape Schanck
A wattlebird’s… on Hidden Bassian Thrush Malt Padaderson on Spring at Greens’ B… aussiebirder on Spring at Greens’ B… Spring at Greens… on Moorooduc Quarry Flora and Fau… Spring at Greens… on Moorooduc Woodlands Flurry
TagsACDC Lane Australia Australian Birds Australian Pelican Bird Photography Black and white Black faced Cuckoo Shrike Black Shouldered Kite Black Swan Braeside Park Brown Falcon Brown Thornbill Cranbourne Botanical Gardens Duckboard Place Eastern Yellow Robin Elster Creek Elsternwick Lake Elwood Elwood Beach Goschen Bushland Reserve graffiti Great Egret Greens Bush Grey Kangaroo Hosier Lane Jawbone Flora and Fauna Reserve Little Pied Cormorant Little Wattlebird Mallacoota Melbourne CBD Melbourne Laneways Moorooduc Quarry Flora and Fauna Reserve Mornington Peninsula Nature Photography New Holland Honeyeater Photography Point Addis Pooh Farm Rainbow Lorikeet Rutledge Lane Spotted Pardalote Street Art Street Photography Sulphur Crested Cockatoo Superb Fairy Wren Tawny Frogmouth Urban Photography Victoria Welcome Swallow Western Treatment Plant